Thank you for your interest in the FSU Sustainable Campus Green Fund!
The Green Fund provides an opportunity for the campus community to realize their ideas for sustainability and environmental progress at Florida State University. The Fund awards grants for projects that align with the goals of the FSU Sustainability Strategic Plan in one or more of the following areas:
- Climate Action: Reduce greenhouse gas footprint through energy conservation and efficiency
- Waste Minimization: Maximize the principles of reduce, reuse, recycle
- Resource Stewardship: Expand commitment to best practices that prioritize the protection of the North Florida ecosystem
- Education for Sustainability: Ensure all students have access to sustainability-related learning experiences
Maximum Award: Varies
Application Opens: TBD
Application Deadline: TBD
The Green Fund accepts proposals from FSU students, staff, and faculty members. Projects must align with FSU Sustainability Strategic Plan goals and should result in high-impact experiences for the campus community. Funds can be used to support infrastructure development (on-campus only), research, and educational programming that take place at FSU or in the Tallahassee area. Applications are reviewed twice a year, once in the fall semester and once in the spring semester. There is no set award amount for Green Fund Project Grants. Historically, awards have ranged from under $100 to $9,000. Project proposals over $5,000 may have to consider cost-sharing between the Green Fund and a supporting department or funding source.
Living Lab Grants
Maximum Award: $500
Application Deadline: None, applications accepted on a rolling basis
The Green Fund offers Living Lab Grants to faculty members in support of the Campus as a Living Laboratory (Living Lab) initiative. Living Lab projects are small-scale, experiential learning opportunities that utilize campus and community infrastructure/operations as living environments for applied research. Funds can be used to support on-campus infrastructure development, as well as research, site visits, and other related experiences that take place at FSU or in the Tallahassee area. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and the limit of the grant request is $500 or less.
How to Apply
- Create a FluidReview account and sign in using your FSU ID
- In your applicant homepage, click "View Programs" to access the Project Grant and Living Lab Grant awards.
For more information, visit the Sustainable Campus website.